Friday, March 07, 2008

Ahhh...

So I've graduated from training! Yay! It sure felt good to work a full day's work today. It seems as if forever since I've been able to say I used my full day to work on something worthwhile. I just love being busy, the OCD person that I am. I admit this more so for work than at home like I remember being about both. Guess I'm getting older and just like taking advantage of home/family time when I'm there rather than always worrying if everything is perfect. (Well I still worry, but don't fret if I don't always get it taken care of.)

I worked on a few cases today reviewing people's food stamps and medical benefits. Also had some time to set up my new desk. It is funny to have people think you are a "brand new employee" and forget that you have probably been there longer than they have. I sometimes forget myself too though, since I have to stop and realize it will take me some time to know all the policies and procedures so that it will become old hat. That's the part I do miss - being able to be self sufficient and know my job so well that I don't have to rely on anyone at all. Funny though how the guys I trained with are asking me questions before they do anyone else. Maybe it's just a guy thing, I dunno. I've just been anxious to feel like I'm working hard again for the most part and felt like I accomplished a lot today and feel happy though. :)

We are "remodeling" our front room! Well not really remodeling but more like "renewing" for a much needed purpose. After living here for five years, a baby that threw up a few times, two dogs, and a fat cat that is too lazy to pee where she is supposed to later, we are finally putting laminate flooring in! To top it off we will be painting and getting some new digs. (Yeah, some. I admit I would love to buy some new wall hangings and decorations but oh well, you do what you can with what you can at the time.) I don't know why I thought it would be so expensive that I felt it was necessary to wait this long. I should have really pushed to do this before we got that heavy fish tank that is "un-movable." Hopefully this won't burn out Charlie too much with all the overtime he works as well as all the family time he's been putting in. Let's just say I can tell when he needs a break...but he deserves one even if it seems to me that he "always" has the energy and focus that most people don't due to being overly "hyper-focused" on things. (don't tell him I said that).

I still have things hanging over my head with Michael and my own personal issues with God and some more greiving of my dad as of late, but life is good for the most part. Can't say I can complain. At least I am not hungry, unemployed, or shivering in the cold - God bless....

I hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I would imagine that enjoying this new job is making life more enjoyable for you these days...and that is good news!

I remember a while back you posted photos of your basement as it was being finished. Is that project done? Now I'm anxious to see what you do with your front room.

I even showed your basement photos to my husband to inspire him when he stopped working on ours. He did go back to it...but it still isn't done. But I agree...the whole budget thing kind of blows our big plans, doesn't it?

Have a joyous week!

Anonymous said...

TAMMY, I AM GLAD YOU ARE LIKING YOUR NEW JOB, I DIDN'T HOWEVER KNOW THAT YOU WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MICHAEL AGAIN, MARTY NEVER TELLS ME ANYTHING, I AM NOT EVEN SURE HE KNOWS, ANYWAY TEENAGERS CAN BE SO HARD ON THEIR PARENTS. WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOVING THEM AND NOT BLAME OURSELVES, I KNOW THAT IS HARD TO DO, BUT THEY DO HAVE THEIR AGENCY TO CHOOSE AND THEY KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG. HE MAY HAVE TO LEARN THE REALLY HARD WAY, BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS, I AM PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS THAT YOU LOVE HIM AND THAT HE CAN COME TO YOU IF HE GETS INTO TROUBLE OR NEEDS ADVICE. SOMETIMES IT'S SO HARD TO BE A PARENT AND SHOW TOUGH LOVE. IT IS VERY TAXING ON US MOTHERS, I THINK WE FEEL LIKE WE OUR FAILURES IF OUR KIDS MAKE WRONG CHOICES, BUT, WE HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES FIRST, SO THAT WE CAN HELP THEM OUT WHEN THEY NEED US. I AM SORRY THAT YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES ABOUT DAD, IT IS SO HARD TO OVERCOME SORROW, I STILL HAVE ISSUES WITH BOTH MY PARENTS AND MY DAD HAS BEEN GONE FOR 25 YEARS, AND MY MOM FOR 16YEARS. I AM NOT QUITE SURE HOW YOU ARE FEELING, BUT MY GUESS IS, RANDY AND MOM, IF I AM WRONG JUST TAKE THIS ADVICE AND JUNK IT, OR IF YOU DON'T WANT IT DO THE SAME, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT MARTY AND ME DO THINK AND CARE ABOUT YOU, ANYWAYS, I REMEMBER AFTER MY DAD DIED, MY BIGGEST FEAR AS A 13YR.OLD WAS THAT MY MOM WOULD RE-MARRY, WELL ABOUT FOUR YEARS AFTER HE HAD PASSED AWAY, MY MOM STARTED DATING, BOY WAS I HURT AND MAD AND HATEFUL. I THOUGHT HOW COULD SHE JUST THROW THAT LOVE AWAY AND BE WITH SOME OTHER MAN. MY MOM NEVER DID RE-MARRY OR LIVE WITH ANYONE, BUT IT WAS STILL SO HARD TO SEE HER WITH SOMEONE ELSE, IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO BE ACCEPTING AND STILL TO THIS DAY, I KNOW I WOULDN'T HAVE ACCEPTED ANOTHER MAN IN HER LIFE- AS IN MARRIAGE. I DID OKAY WITH THE DATING THING AFTER AWHILE. ANYWAY, I KNOW DAD AND YOU WERE CLOSE AND THE FEELINGS THAT YOU HAVE TOWARDS MOM AND RANDY ARE NORMAL, DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE OR TRY TO MAKE YOU FEEL OTHERWISE. IT IS GOOD FOR YOU TO LET YOUR FEELINGS BE MADE KNOWN ABOUT DAD-HE IS YOUR DAD AFTER ALL. I HOPE I DON'T SOUND PREACHY TO YOU, I KNOW THAT DAD WOULD BE PROUD TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP HIS MEMORY ALIVE AND OUR FAMILIES MEMORIES OF HIM ALIVE. NOW AS FAR AS YOU HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GOD, I KNOW WE BOTH ARE ON DIFFERENT PAGES ABOUT THAT, BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT GOD IS GOD NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE ABOUT HIM, I KNOW HE LOVES EACH OF US AND IS MINDFUL OF OUR TRUE FEELINGS ABOUT STUFF. GOD DOESN'T PUNISH US BY TAKING A GOOD DAD FROM US TO SOON OR GIVING US THE PROBLEM CHILDREN OR WHATEVER IS BAD IN OUR LIVES, WE PUNISH OURSELVES BY BEING TO HARD ON OURSELVES AND NOT UNDERSTANDING THE REASONS BEHIND DEATH OR A WAYWARD CHILD. IT IS SO HARD TO ALL COMPREHEND, BUT I DO KNOW THAT HE IS MINDFUL OF YOU AND KNOW MATTER HOW YOU COMMUNICATE WITH HIM, HE DOES LISTEN, WE JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT FOR AN ANSWER. IF I AM WAY OFF COURSE HERE WITH WHAT YOU ARE FEELING, THEN JUST IGNORE THIS, BUT I JUST HAVE A FEELING THAT YOU MIGHT BE HAVING SOME OF THESE THOUGHTS. I KNOW YOU MISS YOUR DAD, I MISS HIM, SO I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT HIS KIDS FEEL, BUT TIME CAN HELP WITH THAT PAIN, I CAN NOW LOOK BACK ON MY PARENTS DEATHS AND KNOW THAT IT WAS JUST THEIR TIME TO GO, AND TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT LIFE, BECAUSE OF DEATH. I AM NOT SURE THAT WILL MAKE SENSE NOW BUT MAYBE SOMEDAY. IF YOU EVER NEED TO TALK YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL ME OR MARTY AND E-MAIL TO. WE LOVE YOU AND DO CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. MAY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER BLESS YOU WITH WHAT YOU NEED AT THIS TIME, OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. LOVE, CHERISE

Rambling Rita said...

Tammy I am so glad you are happy in your new job and I mean it!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOO Training is good, but no the same as doing the job! glad things are going so well. I remember when you had to move from one office to another , you where always complaining you didn't have enough work to do :-)