Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Country - Thanksgiving's 14 days of 14 blessings

#3 - My country. I am thankful for living in the United States. That I have plenty of food to eat (you can't tell?), that I have a warm bed, that I have opportunity to grow, and that I have freedom.

I was watching TV last night when a commercial came on about abandoned and undernourished kids in Africa. I couldn't watch it. I had to close my eyes. I think of how hard it would be to be his mother, but what's worse is how hard it must have been for her to abandon her. The center for these kids is giving them a future. But where is she now? Did she do the best for her child then? I have it easy here. I am guilty of it.

With change underway I am thankful for what I do have and hope that it doesn't get taken away. For I don't take what I have now for granted.

No comments: