Monday, December 22, 2008

Are you ready?

So as I am working on this snowy morning, I find myself passing by the mail room where there a dozen snacks to try and taste and so of course I stop where it seems that my co-workers are also collected there for the same reason. As we converse the topic is always up about whether or not you are ready for Christmas. I reply with a "Yes!" And of course realized then they were meaning the gifts, shopping, wrapping, baking, etc. So I had to clarify, "Yes, I am spiritually ready. I am happy and can't wait." Not worrying about the other stuff at all this year. Yes I do have presents that still need wrapped and last minute shopping to do, but I am not focused on that. That is not what's important to me, not this year. How about you?

2 comments:

Rambling Rita said...

I am ready as I'll ever be. I don't get that excited and I hate the snow, except on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Then I say no more snow!!! We just get it cleaned up and there is more.

I guess I am kinda Scroogie. I am looking forward to camping weather. Randy and I did see The Christmas Sweater and he didn't want to go but then as we watched it, I actually saw a tear running down his face. He is a big softie but wants everyone to think he such mean and ruthless guy. He told me he loved that production. He is always like that, thinks he's going to hate something and then really likes it.

Jamie said...

Love your focus! And it was a good reminder for me after a busy day of trying to keep on top of things here!

Christmas Blessings to you and your family!