Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Time is Here

Nothing like coffee and cinnamon cocoa on such a cold wintery day! Mmmm. After our day long snowfall yesterday, the air has become frosty and the ground is crisp. I am not sure how many inches we got in snow, but it had to be at least 6" or more. The skiers are loving it I'm sure as it is that wet sticky stuff that is very slick and smooth. I hear it will be a white Christmas for us this year which is awesome cause I am not sure I remember the last time we had one. For me, I would like it to snow in the early evening on Christmas Day - after all the activity is over. They said on the news that we were going to be hit with a storm today, a pretty bad one it sounded like. We'll wait and see, but I'm not worried - nothing seems to be bothering me today. :)

So with all the hustle and bustle I forgot to mention that we saw Kurt Bestor in concert at Charlie's office Christmas party Saturday night. We almost didn't make it to the party in that Charlie didn't want to go, but of course he didn't tell me this until it was time to leave. (Yes, my husband can be a Scrooge at times when it comes to social events.) But we did go and when we got there and signed in, I was excited to find that they were giving the employees a free Kurt Bestor Christmas compilation on CD. Charlie looked at me funny when I reacted this way - not knowing why I was so excited or who the guy even was. I was then thinking to myself, "Aha, for once I know of a musician that Charlie doesn't!" Then when they announced that Kurt was going to perform, I became ecstatic and I think it was then that Charlie saw my excitement and for a moment he seemed glad that we were there. I do admit that a lot of Kurt's pieces he played that night were very similar in key and I was kind of surprised at myself that I noticed it. (See how living with a musician has created critical hearing skills that I never knew I had?) Nonetheless, Charlie and I's favorite that night was the version Kurt created of "Christmas Time is Here" from the Charlie Brown Christmas show. I love to listen to music live whenever I can so it was a neat experience and am glad we went. What a nice Christmas treat!

No comments: