Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Last night we attended the annual candle lighting ceremony held each Christmas Eve at our church. It was one of the best I remember but I think it is because of my spirit this year and the fact that not only did I get the message but that I felt it too.

Christmas was good. We started the day about 8:00 unwrapping gifts. Coffee in hand I was still able to successfully take pictures of the kids. Savannah tuckered out afterward, just like the kid, Randy, in A Christmas Story. They were happy but not because of the gifts. We had a good time and ended the day with a great dinner. Turkey with all the fixins and prime rib roast - as usual it turned out great (thanks to my chef husband.) My mom and her boyfriend, Randy, came for dinner along with my brother and his family. We ate to our hearts desire and yes, I remembered to take a picture of the turkey before it was carved! Later our friends stopped by to visit and we fellow-shipped and had a good time. The day went by fast and after everyone left, Charlie and I sat in the dark with the glowing tree when he made an observation. He said that I was doing good this year, that I didn't fall into that "post-partum" depression I always seem to do on the afternoon of Christmas after all is said and done. Like I told you all, Christmas is different for me this year. Sure the part of the excitement of gifts and seeing family is over for now, but Christmas is never really over is it?












No comments: