Thursday, December 18, 2008

The snow is falling again...

Well today is a good day. The morning sky is glistening with sparkling crystals of snow falling so peacefully leaving a thick blanket of pure white fluffiness. I love first snowfalls. They are so beautiful. Granted it has already snowed a couple of times this season, but it melted and now it is back. It is so pretty. I am the first to admit that I do enjoy driving in the snow where no one has touched in fact just as much as walking in it....funny how just like a kid you see something so pretty and clean and you just get this urge to make your mark on it!

Savannah will be performing her Christmas program with her preschool today so I am so excited that I get to be there. My employer is and always has been very flexible and family oriented, so I am very appreciative that I get the opportunity to flex my schedule as I need to so I don't have to miss everything. It is hard not being at home and baking cookies or building snow men during the day - and I am not just referring to this time of year, but the activities like this that are year round! Maybe there will be enough snow left for tomorrow on my day off to build Frosty. Hope so. My trouble is that when I have a day off I think I need to worry about getting my other chores done. I have been diligently trying to work on this and I am doing better. I don't need to feel ripped off cause I am a working mother - I only feel that way if I let myself!

Something I heard that was sad yesterday - I was meeting with one of my customers for the first time and in getting to know her she had mentioned that her soon to be ex-husband had come in her home and stole their Christmas tree and presents. Isn't that horrible? What kind of person would do this? Of course you are thinking Grinch just like I was when she was telling me this, but she was dead serious. Only thing that still puzzles me was that she didn't seem that upset about it. Maybe cause unlike a 4 year old child the only child in her home who is 14 years old will have an understanding of it all or maybe it's cause she expects it from him. I don't know.

No comments: