Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby girl...

2004














2005














2006














2007














2008


















2009














5 years ago my baby girl was in my arms to stay. I remember we went to the hospital, I was to be induced to ensure we had her alright. I guess we were worried about making it to the hospital in the snow and how far out we live. So I was in labor, but nothing was happening. The doctor tried to break my water but it didn't budge. The second time was the trick. We had little Savannah that afternoon, I believe it was 4:10. I remember them wheeling her away to the heat lamp so that she would keep warm. It's funny how I don't remember the pain much. I do, but it's not engrained in my mind as a bad thing. Yep no epidural. The only thing that could have made the experience more natural if I had started labor myself. It was a sunny day like today when we brought her home too.

I was so worried about her too. She didn't want to nurse and I wasn't experienced either. I felt s inadequate but kept on trying. Eventually everything was okay. I still worry about her though. I love that little girl with my whole life and if anything ever were to happen to her I would be crushed forever.

She's not my baby anymore, she is school age now. Not even a toddler or a preschooler. While I hate to see my kids grow so fast, it is still amazing to see who they become, what they desire, and how they blossom. This year we are having a kid party for her. Years past it was always family. But now that she will be going to school soon it seems 5 is a good age for a change.

Last Sunday she was so excited to wear the tiara that they have the birthday girls wear during church. It was pretty cute. She is my little princess and will always be.

No comments: