Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy Weekend

So last weekend was a busy one. Friday Jake had all four of his wisdom teeth extracted. Owee! He was a hurting unit. He's still pretty sore today but he'll get over it I tell him. I'm not so sure he believes me. Later that night we had to leave him homebound while attending a fellowship dinner. We got together with a bunch of other couples in our church and just visited and had dinner. It was a nice change to make friends with those that express the same value system as our own. We plan to do it again next month.

Saturday was a girls' day out with my Mom and a couple of my sisters and my niece. We have started this new tradition of going out in January to celebrate my sister, Monica, and my mom's birthdays since they are within a couple of weeks from each other. Plus I think it gives us something to look forward to after the holidays and is a good way to start the new year. So we went to eat at The Roof in Salt Lake City and then saw a parody of High School Musical at the Desert Star Theater called Home School Musical. It was a lot of fun. We talked about extending this girls' day out to for each of our birthday months so hopefully we will be meeting up again in May.

Sunday was my first day teaching the Kindergartner's through 2nd grade kids at church. I was so worried about it but then when I got in there it was a cinch. I don't know why I get so intimidated. I think I will stick to teaching the smaller kids though, I am not sure that I am ready for the 5th graders just yet.

After church we went to The Aquarium, a saltwater fish store, to pick up some supplies to treat the red slime that has overcome our tank. This stuff is hard to keep away and our regular store didn't have any in stock. The Aquarium is a really cool store though, a bit overpriced, but it is like walking around in an exhibit. The owner must have had a lot of money to start it up is all I can say.

We stopped to get groceries and then we finally got home where I "vegged" out on my laptop (yes, got it for Christmas!) and uploaded a gazillion pictures to my online photo gallery. I wanted to purchase some prints at Shutterfly but didn't want to spend the $50 to do it. Oh well, that free shipping coupon will be offered again. It seems they always are. Unfortunately it is a good excuse to put off my scrap booking that I started last fall. I think I am overwhelmed with all my pictures. I should just by a few prints at a time or invest in really nice printer that would print them just as good. Eh, it's easier to do it online and less of a bother. I know. I'm lazy.

No comments: