Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today's thoughts...

I can say I have touched the heart of God, that I have seen Jesus' face. Prior to my walk with God as a Christian - I could not say this. No I never had a testimony of what was taught to me nor did I know how to seek one. Not once growing up did I ever experience revelation of God or of the Spirit. I now know how to focus on Him and His glory, not on religion or worry if what I was doing was right would be enough to earn His love. Sure I got promptings from what I used to call the "Holy Ghost" but they were very weak. I did not hear them loudly as they were not strong, nor do I remember them assisting me during any type of trial in my life. This has changed. The Holy Spirit today is now my mentor.

Everyone has their own walk with God no matter what church they go to and it is true that we should not judge others or deem that they are better than others and know more than another. I don’t feel that anyone in my family has judged another nor have they attempted to, they have simply expressed themselves and what they are feeling inside about a religion, not anyone personally. Through their experience they have learned what was taught to them and has made a choice to decide if they truly believe or not.. What a person believes true to their heart is that of their own and something someone says about their experience or their disbelief about something should not hurt and if it does, I hope you pray to God and ask Him what to do with the situation.

God doesn't change, therefore we should not change Him or His plan with other's beliefs mandated by religion that have changed and are still changing to this day. It is too bad that some cannot simply accept that others walk with God in a different light than they do. It is my hope that my family should enjoy the fact that myself and others are seeking God as He desires us to do so rather than live an idle life. I have accepted that my Christianity can and will cause grief with my relationships for this very reason. This is too bad, but all I can do is pray for one another that we would remain to love each other as families do.

I love my Lord and Savior very much and although I am still learning to walk with God, I do know what He has shown me and there are no words to try and describe the love He has for me. I love all of my family very much and would never feel hurt if they were to disagree with what I believe. I just pray.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
--Philippians 4:6

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Amen! I love your heart. I love how you speak truth. You are such an inspiration!