Monday, May 18, 2009

Anyone know how to cure a bit of cynicism?

Okay so I just erased all that I wrote. Yep. I had a list of things that are irking me off this afternoon. I wasn't irked off this morning, not last night, not even two hours ago. But all that changed. Gotta love it. I have to apologize even though you didn't read any of it - for having a pity party for myself and for thinking it has to do with being a working mom. It doesn't. We all have the same kind of stuff going on. The thing I seem to forget is how to react to it and stay in charge of my own happiness! It's not the stuff that happens, it's what I do with the stuff that really matters. Either way the attempt of posting a pity party helped me to vent my frustration and now I think I can conquer the afternoon with a better attitude. And I think I'll start off with requesting some vacation time off from work. There you have it! Any other suggestions that might help?

BTW - I made a new blog, I think it will be fun. I've needed a place to post all my collections for recipes anyway. If you'd like to add recipes as well, please let me know and I'll add you to the author list! :)

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

I always type stuff down when I want to vent. Sometimes I write about the people I want to vent to but after I have typed it all out, I read it once and then erase it. Then I have it out of my system and I feel fine and I am no longer that upset at people or the situation.