Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hello all!

Glad to see that I am not the only one that has been ignoring her blog for a while. It seems now that my laptop at home is no longer a "new playtoy" I don't make the effort to be creative and write.

Mother's Day was good. Charlie made waffles and forced me to get out of the kitchen. I didn't know what to do with myself so I just sat there and stared at the our yellow tang, Mr. Yellow, swim back and forth and pick little nibblets out of the crevices in the rock. After a second I slipped back into the kitchen and blended right in with helping again. Of course it was "helping" Savannah with setting the table so that is different, right? When we got to church I realized, "D'oh! I had forgotten to get my coffee!" Hate it when that happens.

The rest of the day was good. Just the way I like it. Busy but good. Too many things to try and grab though to plan for the day. Living where we do there is only one trip out and no turning back if you forget something. I did manage to get the potato salad done the night before, the meat marinated, and the angel food cake turned out okay considering I didn't have the right baking pan. Can I just tell you I swear I boiled tons of potatoes and yet I still had leftover dressing mix? I will remember to cook a whole back next time cause you can't make mom's recipe using less than a bottle of mayo or it won't turn out right.

So we finished up our last Financial Peace class after church. It feels good to know there will be an end to our debt and it is really helpful to have Charlie in on it with me. We knew all the steps we needed to take before, but it was really only said and assumed we'd do it but never did. Now having him sit down with me and give input each month is really where the "Gazelle Intensity" will make things start happening. It already has. Sure we've bought a few things on credit since the class started but there is a lot that we also paid cash for and was better prepared for such as the transmission for the car and the windshield. As a bookkeeper by nature, I take all things into account so it will only get better from here.

Work has been going well. Time really flies now which makes for a short day. When you're working 10 hours, this is a real asset! Before I would constantly look at the clock to plan for each appointment and it just seemed to drag the day out. There is word they will have a reduction in force but I am not particularily worried as our office is the only one that has a real knowledge of the new benefit system. I have had some management change and what better time to ask to change to a telecommuting position? All the more money we can save to payoff our debt not to mention the time I will save can never get replaced.

We are not planning to go to Wisconsin with Charlie's job. I hope this is the permanent plan cause we are planning this weekend to refinance our house while the rates are so good. It's so hard to decide what to do today let alone 2 1/2 years from now. I guess if we stay at least the 2 1/2 years, the cost to close will still be worth it. While I've always wanted to move and venture out, the more and more we make plans to work on our landscaping or other areas in the house I want to stay. So that is the plan for now.

Jacob is probably going to live with his uncle for the summer and work on the farm. They said they could help him get a job, so I hope he holds them to it. He's found a girlfriend on My Space and has yet to meet her in person. I hope he doesn't get too distracted. He did mention he was bored with school and wanted to get his GED, but didn't want to be labeled as a failure. I told him to be honest with himself and not worry about a "label" and do what he needs to make himself happy. He is capable of taking care of himself, but yet he's not. I hated this in between stage when I went through it too.

Michael will not be getting out of jail until February. He thought he could get good time however the judge didn't allow for it. He seems to have grown up a bit since he first went in last August. He was working in the Meals on Wheels program preparing the milk for deliveries, but now he is baking for the food for the jail. He gets to bake whatever he likes in addition to the meals, and has gained a bit of weight. He seems content though.

Well I hope you all have a good day and enjoy the upcoming Memorial Day holiday. I don't suspect I'll be writing too soon, it usually doesn't happen that way anyway. Ciao!

No comments: