Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer time, summer time, sum, sum, summer time...

So we bought some bushes to plant out in the yard today. While I love doing it, I realize it is expensive and a lot of work, but afterward it is so worth it. We had a couple of our bushes die that we planted last year and we changed our mind about our border. So unfortunately we are "replacing" things rather than starting on our other planters that have been neglected. This whole gardening/yard stuff is all a learning experience for Charlie and I considering this is the first house we've ever had. In so many ways I will be glad when the landscaping is complete, yet I won't. It is fun to be creative and put it together, it gives us something good to focus on and our relationship grows because of it.

Savannah got a cute kid sized shovel and an "A-line" haircut today. I had to take the photos with her camera as mine were out of batteries.




I'm going to be watching my brother's girls on Saturdays. I hope they don't get too bored but I know Savannah will love having them and someone to play with. I need to go buy a swimming pool now that it is starting to get up there in temperature.

I just love summer for so many reasons! (Even if only at first - just like winter I welcome the change but of course lasting as long as it does it tends to fade. For now I will enjoy it though!)

1 comment:

aubrie said...

We need to work on our yard, too. You never realize how expensive it is until you start putting stuff in. But I agree with you that it's worth it in the end. Savannah looks so cute with her new hair cut, I love it!