Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a beautiful day!

Waking up this morning, the sun was awesome as it peeked through the mountaintop, the birds were cheerfully singing to the world, and of course it being Sunday I was looking forward to receiving inspiration and insight for my week.

After church, we had a nice picnic in the park, we were the only ones there, but the birds. After a while, others showed up...but it was still peaceful as ever. We took a trip to the Home Depot where we always end up opening a can of worms about our dreams and plans for our house. I fear though that while I love doing this, it is taking time away from conversation with Savannah. I don't know though what it is like to be an only child, so I try to break in and ask her what she thinks, and come to find out she is clueless about what we are talking about.

Charlie was able to get in contact with the guy we found online for the masonry we need done for our front flower beds and will probably be able to get a quote this week.

We got home and Charlie laid the last brick on our edging for our recent replacement of shrubs that died, I let the dog out of his run and just in the nick of time when it started pouring and hailing! It was like "movie" style rain too. It was awesome!

We made plans for our future deck dreams (including room for a hot tub), I made peanut butter brownies for my little big brother who so nicely puts it, "when I make them they don't turn out," and he offers to pay me to make them. It is super funny to hear someone say they will pay you to make them something to eat. I dunno, you just don't hear that every day.

We had a couple of friends stop by and visit that haven't been over in a while, and now we are going to take the brownies to my brothers...

So much for my plans of finishing the laundry after church. Life is much more important isn't it?

No comments: