Sunday, May 17, 2009

What's in a name?

So as I was playin' around with my blog this afternoon, I thought to myself, "Will Ialways be Tulabell?" The name originally came from a good friend that I worked with. Don't know how she thought of it but when she did, it just kind of stuck with me.

I have lots of nick names, they were very rarely used and by people I no longer see today, so none of them really can be considered my nick name.

Tammy Sue the Kangaroo or was it Tamaroo the Kangaroo?
Tamalita
Tomasa
Tulabell
Top Far
Tams

My mom said that my dad chose the name Tammy over the one she chose (I think it was Veronica or something like that) cause he was into Tammy Wynette who was a popular country singer at the time.

What are your nick names? Any rhyme or reason why you were named what you were? I don't have a middle name. Still to this day don't know why. Middle names are usually plays on first names, so maybe nothing "goes" with the name Tammy? I dunno. While I think the name Tulabell is cute and unique, it doesn't seem to fit anymore. What are you thoughts?

No comments: