Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy 4th!

Working this week is hard, it is almost as hard as working the week of Christmas!

I must be excited!

My sister and I are going to take our girls swimming on Thursday, we plan to eat lunch and maybe hit a Disney flick shortly after. On Friday we talked about finding some fabric to make Savannah a quilt...I'm glad I didn't sell my sewing machine after all. We'll cut the blocks out and sew as much as we can and she has offered to take it home to finish since her quilting frame is so awkward to travel with. Saturday we are going up the canyon for a BBQ with my mom and her husband. I hope to get a whiff of that fresh air I've so been longing to smell. Maybe we'll drop a line or two at Vivian Park on our way up, Charlie got a new pole for Father's Day that needs broke in.

Only thing is I haven't planned for the food at all. I guess we'll get to that point and make one big shopping spree for watermelon, hot dogs, mom's tato salad, beans, and all the other summer food fixins. Oh and don't forget the fireworks!

I am grateful to live in a country where I can enjoy the fruits of our hard work. I am only more grateful for the soldiers that fought for us as well. I too often forget what they went through.

1 comment:

aubrie said...

Sounds like so much fun! Since I won't see you before then...have fun with your family & Happy 4th of July!