Friday, July 31, 2009

Feelin' good on a Friday!

I am excited! I planted some perennial flower seeds just for the heck of it and less than a week later they sprouted up! God is amazingly awesome! I also love the rose of Sharon's that are blooming in my back yard. We drove past a couple large bushes last week on the way home from church. I only hope mine will grow as beautiful.

The flowerbed you see is a sampling of what I want to do more of in my back yard. Granted it is in the baby stage right now and I can't wait until the lilacs and rose of Sharon's' completely bush out! We are planning to rebuild our back deck next year making it large enough to accompany a patio set, BBQ, and spa. While planting our flowerbeds this year I have been playing with the idea of planting hollyhocks and a bunch of other stuff I've seen that I have fell in love with all around the deck. I've really gotten into gardening this year. 'bout time too! I even got my husband thinking I'm a pretty darn good "horticulturist" and doesn't that sound like a cool name or what?
Savannah has enjoyed helping with our church yard sale today. Of course kids love paint. I don't know why? The sale is going to be huge! Our church sanctuary is literally full! Before we painted posters we had collected all her old clothes to donate. She even had a few toys in mind to give. I think it was easier for her to part with the clothes knowing we were heading out to go school shopping afterward. There were a few items in there that of course she doesn't know about, however. Funny how kids get attached to stuff, or is it a girl thing?

2 comments:

Rambling Rita said...

Good for you, I just have to look at plants and they die. So I have pretty much given up wasting my money on them because they just never do well.

Jamie said...

I've been reading your status on FB and haven't checked in here for a while. Boy, I was really behind. But what a fun way to spend my quiet time this evening...reading all your new posts.

See you on FB:o)