Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Fall is on its way!

Two more weeks and it's officially Fall! I have been noticing it in the evening air -and why is it that the smell of the breeze changes when Autumn is around the corner? The sun is further away and is in now what I've heard it called as the "Indian Summer" -not sure why or where that comes from. Even the food at the grocery store changes too. Suddenly there are large amounts (ie. mass quantities as the Coneheads would say) of assorted cakes, cookies, doughnuts, and bread all made from pumpkin! Soon pumpkins will replace the BBQ grills and the patio sets outside as well. Costumes and candy are already flooding the seasonal isle.

I made chili last night too. Will be making chowder soon and some other seasonal dishes that I don't usually do in the summer. While I'll miss summer, I am looking forward to the change in season. I am getting stoked for the next few months up and coming!

2 comments:

aubrie said...

Amen! I love fall and pretty much everything it brings with it. I'm glad to know you're as excited as I am!

Jamie said...

We're feeling the change in the air too. It's refreshing and I always love how a change in season makes it feel like a new start.