Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor Day Weekend 2009

We had a great long weekend...the boys and Charlie did some yard work, we went shopping for groceries (two more in the family again = ouch!) and of course the usual weekly housework & babysitting nieces, but all in all it was nice and relaxing. We watched three GOOD movies, Knowing, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, & Seven Pounds. Very rarely do we find good rentals let alone all 3 in the same weekend. Best part of all I didn't sleep during any of them - so unlike me. My family seemed to make a joke about it in fact. I did too. The movies MUST have been good for me to stay awake. I admit they weren't our usual choice of speeding cars, shoot 'em up, sci-fi type movies so yeah, of course I stayed awake!
 
Labor day evening we took a ride up Provo Canyon through Heber and Park City. It was absolutely beautiful. Had I known the trees were changing color, I would have thought to take my camera. On our way up there were so many camping and other vehicles coming down through Provo Canyon that we decided we'd take the scenic route home and go through Park City to avoid much obnoxious traffic. I am glad we went through Park City, I just love the atmosphere of that place. I wanted to stop that very moment and get lodging and just vacation there. It is always so beautiful! We stopped for a bite at the last real sit down Pizza Hut I've been able to find in Utah for a long time. It was tucked away in a side street in Park City and we drove right to it! (The one in Heber was packed and was not restaurant style at all - what a big disappointment!)
 
Okay. I have to explain here. You see the night out at Pizza Hut thing is a tradition of ours that we started back when Charlie and I were dating. We would go as a family off and on and just enjoy ourselves. The boys and Charlie would play video games, I would pick a song from the juke box, and we'd just have fun enjoying each other's company. It's just been one of our things. For some reason they've shut them all down in Utah & Salt Lake County. I finally found a couple dine in restaurants in Wasatch county so we've been meaning to make a trip and go so what better day than Labor Day? Where we live now we can't even get it delivered to us, so it is a real treat more than it was before to go sit down and eat in one.
 
Some things are just like that. Sure it's a national pizza chain, but it's our thing. That's all there is to it. Hope you all had a fun Labor Day weekend. Fall is just around the corner! This year has gone by fast!

1 comment:

riehle mom said...

You need to come to brigham city at there pizza hut. It is a sit down pizza place and not to crowded.