Saturday, September 19, 2009

Things on my mind...

So I've been finding a lot of overpayments at work lately. Part of my job is to report findings of overpayments and/or fraud. I am not sure where people think they can get away for not reporting their correct income or household members - the government has ways to find out. If I could warn anyone out there that would listen, I would hope they would learn what integrity is and change thier lifestyle - for their sake and their children's sake. These people are going to have to pay back years of assistance, but will they learn from it is my question? It has inspired me to ponder on integrity, God's viewpoint of it, and what sense of it I have. I think I will have to write about that one soon...

I planted 125 tulip bulbs today!

We're dressing up for Halloween, I can't remember the last time I dressed up let alone if Charlie has ever dressed up. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I am a little reserved however as I am not sure where my newfound Christianity fits in with celebrating Halloween - so I am again pondering on my faith, will I change this too? When? How? So much I still am learning and come to realize what is worldly and what is not.

In my old age I am finding I can make a few good points here and there. I had a person from our free two night stay in St. George call and try to sell us an upgrade. First he told my son that I needed to call by this week or I could lose my rooms. Then when I FINALLY got in touch with him he admitted that most people won't call back. He was trying to convince me that our rooms would be mom and pop style (duh like I would expect anything else for free) and that we needed to pay $88 for this upgrade cause we'll get cable TV and a breakfast buffet at a Best Western. I've been to the Best Westerns before and all they have is continental breakfast. He tried telling me we'd spend as much eating at Denny's, I laughed at him. I told him why would it matter to me to get a better room for a couple night stay with a breakfast buffet when we will not be spending our time in the room. "Uh well we don't make any money off of this..." My reply was, "Well then why are you pushing so hard for me to upgrade?" He let it alone and ended the call. I guess he didn't know he was dealing with a previous telemarketer who knows the business and has actually traveled before.

I made clam chowder last night...a bit too early for my desire as it is a fall dish, but my husband often asks for it. Usually when I make dinner it isn't appealing to eat, so I try to convince him to do the cooking so I can enjoy it better. I do have to admit that last night's chowder was delicious! I couldn't stay out of it. (See the recipe on my recipe blog) - we ate at Skipper's the other day and their chowder tasted like Campbell's cream of chicken with a few clams thrown in it. Blah!

1 comment:

aubrie said...

Amen to that. I've always wondered how people think they can get away with lying to us...and then they get so mad when they have an overpayment. Go figure.

Yay for tulips! That's fantastic! I can't wait to see the pictures of your beautiful garden next year.

Do you know what you're going to dress up as for Halloween? I can't believe it's already that time of year...