Monday, October 12, 2009

I think I had the best birthday ever...

Why? Ten reasons, that's why.

1. I noticed how large my bamboo plant is getting. It made me smile to remember Dad giving it to me 6 years ago for my birthday and how large and beautiful it has grown to be.
2. My boys made me breakfast and my husband cleaned it up!
3. I can't even begin to count how many people said Happy Birthday...probably more than anyone ever has on any other year.
4. My husband and Savannah woke me up with a lively "Happy Birthday!"
5. Charlie and the kids made me a double fudge, chocolate chip, chocolate frosted cake. With rainbow sprinkles.
6. My mom and sisters took me out for Mexican food and to see "Little Shop of Horrors" at the Hale Theater.
7. The kids and Charlie all sang happy birthday to me as I blew out re-lighting candles over and over....with Savannah's help of course. We smoked the house out with those things!
8. My boys cleaned my car inside and out.
9. I had a wonderful dinner after church, a good afternoon at the park, and snuggled up to a good movie..."Little Shop of Horrors" (I had to watch it to see if I was right about the ending being different in the play verses the movie. I was. But now I know why it ended differently. I think.)
10. My husband and I are getting away in two weeks to sunny St. George to see "Thriller" at the Tuacahn!

I also enjoyed the cute singing card and pumpkin bread from my sister, the beautiful fall sweater my friend gave me, and a lunch with a coworker just the two of us!  I love having my birthday in the fall time...for it is a new season.

Merry Autumn!

2 comments:

aubrie said...

I am so glad that you had such a good birthday and that your family spoiled you. That makes me smile. I'm sorry I'm not in the office anymore to be able to bring you birthday treats :(

Jamie said...

Sounds like a simply wonderful day. You so deserve it!