Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Is it too early to start making New Year resolutions?

While people complain about already seeing signs of Christmas coming in the stores or on the radio, here I am contemplating my plans for the new year. Is it too early to start making New Year resolutions? I don't see why not. After all the it is up and coming and with my recent birthday it gets me to thinking about how I would like the next year to pan out.

Sure we have plans for California...but what else? More overtime and home improvement?

My goal to go camping this year didn't happen. While I love fall and am excited for the new fall season, I have recently come to realize that summer is over and we didn't do a whole lot other than get our flower beds completed. (Which was a large goal since it has been on my to do list for 6 years now.) Don't get me wrong, I feel we spent our time wisely this summer however we did not take the time to enjoy the other stuff in life.

It bums me out realizing that I really should have buckled down and planned a trip regardless if I felt like it or not! Regardless if the boys weren't able to come with us. Regardless of the crowds, the work, the lack of camping gear and what not. Why I am realizing this now and am making public mental note for next summer? Well let's see...

1. My husband has just been informed by his employer that he has over two weeks of vacation that if he doesn't use by the end of the year he'll lose them.
2. Savannah went up the mountain to go range shooting with my brother and his family yesterday afternoon and apparently doesn't remember how to potty in the out doors. "I wish they had a toilet," she said.
3. Our lab/retriever is still afraid of water.
4. The fishing pole and license have yet to be used.
5. I just realized we haven't gone camping since Savannah was a year old.

You see in my house it is up to me to make the plans on what to do, where to go, how to go, why to go, how much it will cost to go, what to take. Sometimes I like others to make the plans and tell me to arrive - kind of like the way Dad did. I also thought visiting my mom and step father while they were out camping would be sufficient enough but there's nothing like getting out there and doing it yourself.

So make note, camping will be at the top of my list and I hope to reserve the first camping spot next May!

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

Well after you stay at your motel in St George, you can come to Zion Park and pitch a tent in our campground. Two tents are allowed.