Thursday, October 01, 2009

Wow it is October already?!?

There is snow on the mountains and trickles of "sparkles" in the morning air as Savannah says. Sparkles. Sounds better than frost, doesn't it?

Life is busy, with working 4 10's, assigned to the late phone shift, and added to that the construction I don't get home until almost 7 pm. However I have noticed some of the construction has lessened now that they have completed the intersection so that has been nice.

Fridays I watch my nieces. Between my time working on the Church books, their schedule, and my housework it is busy! Kinley has preschool from 10- 12 and the older girls go to Kindergarten from 12:45-3:30. I have to set timers on my oven to keep track of when to take and pick them up!

Charlie is busy too, he has to work 50-60 hours per week until November and so we've decided to postpone the rest of our work on the new cement slab and bck deck until spring. We have gotten a lot of projects done this year already and plan to get the kitchen tile in this winter and the good thing is we will have that much more time to save up for the composite decking and that little jacuzzi tub we've been eyeballin'. Who said patience can't be a good thing?

We had a mishap with our sump tank this weekend and had to make a mad dash to Salt Lake City to buy a new tank. Remind me why we trust this 210 gallons of water in a glass tank thing again and add to that 300 pounds of rock in addition to the weight of the water? Good thing it was only the sump tank for the filtration system underneath the real tank that cracked! Whew! Who said this was safe? Maybe I better report this to our homeowner’s – its either that or talk everyone into letting my buy a canvas painting of fish in its place.

Don't even talk to me about getting old and cracked. I know it is my birthday this month; I don't need to be reminded. I have yet to count how many boxes of hair dye I have used this year and how many more wrinkles I see on my face. Squinting doesn’t help that either. If you look at my family’s pictures about half of us are squinting for no reason. Not sure where we got it from, but I know where I got it from.

My kids say I forget things a lot. I’ve noticed it too. I’m not that old so what gives? Was it all the crap I put in my system 12 years ago and it is now just catching up to me? For example, this week I thought I threw away my ATM card or that the kids took it, that it went down the heat vent, under the dresser, or in the hamper. Turns out I left it in the ATM! I am soooo losing it! I am not even going to mention my driving habits lately!

At least birthdays are good for something. They create reasons to get together with those you enjoy spending time with. My mom and sisters are taking me out to see “Little Shop of Horrors” at the Hale. I am getting excited. That and we are going to see Thriller at the Tuacahn at the end of the month! A good friend took me out to lunch at CafĂ© Rio today too. We had a good time catching up. Maybe birthdays aren’t so bad after all?

Work is going okay. We lost one of the best managers ever to retirement. So happy for her though. She is such a sweet lady. That has been why I've enjoyed working for this region in our department; the people down here are so kind you feel like family – but it has all been changing due to infrastructure of management to meet budget needs in addition to less options. Makes me wonder what it will be like when I retire in 21 years.

Savannah is doing well in Kindergarten. She is learning to read and write her name better every day. She told me all about her hearing test and how she raised her hands when she heard the beeps. Today is picture day. I hope my “Smile pretty” didn’t turn into a fake smile that kids often do to please their mothers. She went to her friends birthday party this week and came back dressed as a cat! I thought it was pretty cute! She is practicing for her dance recital coming this December and is getting to be quite the little dancer! She wants to be a dancer when she grows up so I am glad she likes it.

1 comment:

aubrie said...

Wow, it does sound like you're crazy busy! Hopefully it's an enjoyable busy, though. I think it is adorable that Savannah calls the frost "sparkles." She sounds like the cutest little girl ever.