Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful

As I am thinking of Thanksgiving and the things I am grateful for, I want to say that at the moment I am especially thankful for my daughter. She brings so much joy and laughter to our house. Even when my family and I are not having the best of times she always lightens the mood and reminds me to focus on the positive instead of the negative.

This morning Savannah was on her cell phone talking with her "boss". I asked her where does she work and she said, "Coccoon Island. I make presents and pack boxes."

Last week she said, "Arctic Circle is too hard to say, why don't they change the name?"

Yesterday we went to a wedding reception. She was so fascinated with the bride she could not take her eyes off her. She got enough nerve to accept the help of my friend, Sharla, to ask the bride if she could keep one of the roses in the vase at the table. Savannah loves roses.

Then it was the cake. She wanted to see it close up, so we did and it was one of those fancy ones you see on Cake Boss, the show that Savannah and I love to watch. It had edible pearls and lace on it. (That girl is going to be a cake decorator one day!)

Then she asked the bride if she could see her glass slippers under her dress. Turns out the bride does what we all do to keep comfy. Her jammies and bath slippers were under there!

She then asked the bride if she could see her unwrap the presents and the bride told her they wouldn't be doing it until after the party. Then Savannah asked her if she could come over the next day to see what all she got.
It was so cute!

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

Yes, remember she asked Randy to "call her number" the next time he fertilized the lawn. LOL