Friday, December 25, 2009

Happenings at our house...


We took a trip to the mall on Christmas eve but not for shopping. The boys saw Avatar in 3D and Savannah and I went to Princess and the Frog. While we were waiting for the show, Savannah got brave and now has pierced ears! She did so well! Hard to see, but they are cute little pink flower studs. I miss chewing on her ears already...but in six weeks they will all be mine to nibble on! We also put some money down on a new dining table. The one my sister gave me 10 years ago, bless her heart, is splitting right down the middle of the pedestal. Guess it's time to get a new one and we couldn't pass up the deal on such a lovely piece of furniture tucked in the back of a store that I don't even remember the name of. It's on layaway (I can only thank our financial peace class as there are no  more allowances for credit accounts!) and will be picked up in a month. Stay tuned for pictures.

We ended the night with a wonderful candlelight service with praise and music along with the story of Christ's birth. The sanctuary is so beautiful after everyone at the service has their candles lit. The illuminate color of the soft candle light really brings in the Christmas spirit and warm fellowship.




There were at least two hits with the kids when opening gifts this morning. I just love those picture perfect moments and yes, a new camera was utilized to go with them. One thing the camera didn't catch, cause of course I didn't know how to work the movie option until after, was a remark Savannah had after she tore open one of her first gifts. She said as plain as day in a Charlie Brown or Eeyore voice, "I got a box." It was hysterical.

Christmas Day this year wasn't the same for me as years past. I guess I am at a turning point, that point I never did understand....the one where my mom used to tell me she could do without all the hustle and bustle with the way the world is during Christmas. I, as a child did not understand, but this year I did. I am embarrassed to say I just wasn't up for it? I hope and pray next year will be different as I am reminded of this spiritual funk I have been in lately as you will soon see in my other blog...its a work in process however as I am still writing, pondering, and provoking self discovery.

After much playing with Boo's and her new toys, napping, snacking, and watching Snow White, I am found at the end of the day feeling a bit lonely for Christmases past, missing my Grandma and dad. I seem to miss my Grandma most this time of year. Probably because as a kid that is where most of my memories lie. So I decided to keep busy and rememberd that the fish need fed. I then found that our clownfish had laid eggs beneath where they live! If you click on the photo and look just under the smaller fish, you will see some dark spotted looking little worms. They are eggs! I was so excited, but read up about them online and found they will probably not make it without some assistance. We'll just have to see. I also learned that clownfish are naturally born male and change to female when and if needed. Interesting.




I found Pugsley like this sleeping on the couch after taking the picture of the fish. She carries around this stuffed tabby wherever she goes and suckles on it as if she is nursing at her mama's teet. It is sweet, yet sickening. Sometimes she goes out of her way to get the stuffed animal just before bedtime...she searches for where she left it and then you'll find her at the bed with it in her mouth and asking for assistance to get up. It really is a sight!

No comments: