Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Savannah

Savannah always greets me at night when I come home with a super smile and sparkles in her eyes! I of course do the same for her. We could be inseparable if we were allowed to be. Funny how we both have separation anxiety at bed time and in the mornings when I leave for work. She cries from time to time, and you'd think after all these years it wouldn't affect her.

She is so interested in Christmas this year. We have yet to get our tree and I am really looking forward to her reactions of all the events and activities that are to come with the season. Charlie and I will be lighting the "Joy" candle at advent in church and she and I have already had ideas about what we want to make for the Jesse tree. Her original idea was to make a Santa but I then told her it would be more fun to find a baby and put him in the manger and her little eyes glowed with wonder. I find that she has many questions that are simply hard to explain to a 6 year old. I also find that I want to just tell her there is no Santa and that Christmas really is about baby Jesus. I guess we'll wait for that a bit longer though...if she doesn't already suspect it that is.

No comments: