Monday, December 21, 2009

The Tree, the Snow, the Dance, and the Gingerbread

The Tree...
We went on our annual tree hunt to Pinion Pines a week after Thanksgiving. I guess it has been our tradition since we moved to our home 6 years ago. This year was windy and cold. Our tree is smaller than what we've had in the past, but the others were too big. The people who run the sells are a little grandma and grandpa and said they aren't getting as many each year. We love to get them from them as they are always freshly cut and leave very little needles on our floor.


It's kind of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but it has character and was easy to bring in and decorate not to mention the piney smell!


The Snow...
Here's a pic of Savannah loving the snow! She asked Daddy if he would come out with us, but he does not do snow unfortunately. I guess he's to Texan to let himself out in the cold. Me? I'm used this I guess. We ttempted to make a snowman but snow it was not wet enough to pack. I caught her making fist sized snow cones, however I did make sure to warn her to check the snow first before she ate any of it.



The Dance...
Savannah's winter dance recital was super cute! They did a piece to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" and I'm not sure what type of dance it was as the class she is in is a combo of jazz, ballet, and tumbling. I can't wait to get the DVD we bought of the production. The kids did such a good job and the music and costumes were great. We had a lot of fun and Grandma and Grandpa Randy came to see Savannah and MattieJo perform. Afterward we had some pizza and a few laughs. I think Savannah is looking forward to the next recital already. I'm looking forward to a better camera as you can see my pictures didn't turn out as clear as I'd hoped. Maybe I was good enough for Santa's "Nice" list?


The Gingerbread...
We made a gingerbread from scratch. After much fighting and ho humming on my end, Charlie finally talked me into it. It was a lot of fun and the gingerbread home made tastes a lot better than that you get in the store!  I think I liked the dough better than the baked stuff! I already knew this, but I admit when it comes to working with a lot of dough and flour I tend to go the easy route. Charlie and I worked on the construction and the kids finished it with the decorations.




No comments: