Saturday, January 16, 2010

Savannah's Quilt

I've officially started Savannah's quilt today. Well actually buying the fabric was done a few weeks ago and that was a chore in itself. I let her do the picking and she wanted fancy shiny fabric, not the cute cotton fabric I had envisioned. I had a hard time explaining that although I was letting her pick she had to pick from only one area of the store and that the shiny fabric would not be comfy cozy or easy to quilt. We finally agreed on something. We bothed liked the idea of butterflies and while I spent more than I wanted to and the colors aren't as pastel as I had hoped, she is getting what she wants and that is what's important.

Here's what she picked.

About three hours later I was left with one sliced fingertip, an order of Girl Scout cookies at the door, and 4 yards of fabric cut neatly into quilting squares. Only 7 more to go.

I don't think I've pulled my sewing machine out for about 6 years. I am excited to see how the quilt turns out. Next I want to make Charlie and I one, my boys one, and of course the baby one. Not sure what order that will be in however.

2 comments:

meg said...

You know she's going to love that quilt to shreads, because you let her pick the fabric :-)

Jamie said...

What a neat mommy-daughter project! I so wish I could sew. Be sure to post a picture of the finished quilt!

I am way behind on my blog reading...so I'm off to catch up on all that you've written.