Sunday, March 21, 2010

California Part 7, the Finale...

Wednesday was a beautiful day, not too warm as was the next day, but it was still nice weather. We set off to Disneyland only a 15 minute walk form our resort. As we entered Savannah posed on the Mickey Mouse shaped bench. We first went in the Tiki room, I remember that one the most from the first time I went. I remember how much of a kick out of it my dad got too, he just loved it. We walked right in with no wait time too which made it more enjoyable. Next we went on the Jungle Cruise, Savannah thought the animated robotic animals were real and I agree that they did a great job on them. I really felt nostalgic at that moment knowing this had all started so long ago. We took off next to the Indiana Jones ride which Charlie really liked and Savannah not so much. I remember really liking it from the last time I went too, but I think having a scared 6 year old kind of took away from my adventurous side as I felt bad for her being scared.

She got over it quick enough and we went to the Haunted Mansion. Savannah was surprised to see the transparent ghouls flying around and I reminded her of the Casper movie...she wasn't so scared and really laughed at the one that sat on her lap on the way out. I think that is one of my favorite rides. That and the Pirates of the Caribbean. They did a lot of additions to this one...from the move that is. They added a few Jack Sparrows in there hiding in different places, they even had him move around like Johnny Depp, the actor, would have. It was really cool.

They also made a lot of additions to the submarine ride. You could see the movie of Finding Nemo under the water as if you were there with them...they also had the silly seagulls that would say, "Mine!" on a buoy above the water. It was really cute.

We spent the rest of the day catching one ride to the next and were able to get through almost all that we wanted but about a few before closing time. On the way back our feet hurt so bad but it was sooo worth it. We went home and really pooped out.

Next morning it was very warm at least 70 by 10 oClock, or at least it felt that warm. We hit up some of the rides we didn't get to go on the day before and I forgot how much I really liked the Peter Pan ride...it is my favorite. I just love looking down into what looks like London at night and seeing all the little lights that resemble cars move on the streets.

We headed to California adventure park to Ariel's Grotto as we had reservations for the themed lunch. Savannah's face just lit up when she saw Ariel come out of the room and she was just glowing and smiling from ear to ear. She got to meet Snow White, Belle, Aurora, and Cinderella too. She didn't eat her lunch just as they said she wouldn't cause she was so excited. She couldn't stop staring at their dresses. Takes me back to when I was a girl and loved those princess stories too.

We stayed in the park there afterward and were really tired from the day before, but managed to catch a good portion of the rides. The Bugs' Life 3D show was really unique and a lot of fun. You left there chuckling and we felt they did a super job. I have to say thought that we went on the Tower of Terror thinking it would be mildly scary such as the Haunted Mansion but we were wrong. We both felt and still feel terribly bad for having Savannah go on that ride, it was so scarry for us let alone what it must have been for a little girl her age, but then again we know people that have kids her age that seemed to love it.

We only stayed at the parks for two days and left home Friday but we definitely had fun, more than I've even talked about. We all were pretty pooped and felt we did all we wanted to do by the time afternoon hit on Thursday that I didn't take a lot pictures after the princess lunch. Let the pictures speak for themselves, and these aren't all of them!
Savannah and Ariel.
Savannah and Snow White, she was my favorite.
Savannah getting Cinderella's autograph.
Charlie's "Grumpy" hat we got as a souvenir. Doesn't it just fit?
Main Street at night...pretty!
Savannah in front of Ariel's Grotto the princess themed restaraunt.
Savannah getting her crown from Ariel.
Posing at the front gate...she was such a little poser the whole vacation thinking of all kinds of pictures to pose for..."Mom take a picture of me here, take a picture of me there..." I think it is my error in that I have trained her to be this way...
The TIKI ROOM!
Savannah smiling as she is anxiously excited for the boat ride on Jungle Cruise.
In front of the castle. Savannah didn't understand why we didn't go "inside" of it but just through it.
My favorite, It's A Small World clock tick tocking, but pretty much only for nostalgic reasons. Yes the song drives me nuts but I feel like a kid again, ya know?
Savannah looking at everything, by the expression on her face she is just taking it all in.
Some pics of the Holland kids in Small World.
Savannah on the tea cup awaiting for us to start.
Waiting for the Dumbo ride...
Waiting in line for Charlie's favorite, Space Mountain. Of course he could live in Tomorrowland if you let him. This was the ONLY ride that we waited forever for, but as usual it is one of the most popular. We were trying to keep ourselves preoccupied. The pic didn't turn out too bad either.

I really enjoyed Disneyland more than I thought I would even though there was a lot of it that Charlie didn't  due to too many people and kids however well we all know he is a grump, but I would totally go back in a heart beat. I never thought of Disney as being magical, but it really was!

I felt like our vacation was very successful, we did a lot, saw a lot, and had a lot of fun. Memories that will last forever!

1 comment:

aubrie said...

It looks and sounds like you had such a fun time! I'm so glad that you guys got to go (and get away for a little bit) before Charlie leaves for Wisconsin!