Friday, March 26, 2010

The time is near...

It is near my boys' birthdays, are they really going to be 19 & 21?

It is near Easter, I am excited for new growth, life, and spirit.

It is near April 6th, the day Charlie leaves for Wisconsin on temporary assignment. I try to not think about it but also realize I need to really prepare mentally for it as well as be supportive for him, he will be more alone own than I will be here at home.

It is near the anniversary of Dad's death, April 9th, 2004. I drove past a burning field of weeds the other night after work and just couldn't stop myself from weeping. Dad used to keep control of our pasture when he didn't have any cows to feed by burning the weeds...I always think of him when I smell that smell. It is odd how smells can remind you of a person place or time from your past.

It is near the birth of a new nephew, it will be so much fun to see him grow!

So many things taking place...

1 comment:

riehle mom said...

I miss dad at this time of year as well. He always was outside getting ready for spring planting and all the other projects.
I will have to come down to visit while Charlie is gone. We also need to plan Tinas B-day.