Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

So I totally forgot to write about Easter with all the hubub around here. We had a good one and it was spent with family as the last weekend with Charlie home. We had to get in some good family time so all three of us took the day and went to Boondocks and bowling. We also saw How to Train Your Dragon in 3D. It was super cute and is on the list to buy. Later that night I attended the Good Friday service for which was very renewing for me. I always have things I need to work on - and it was good to sit in the sanctuary at the candlelit service and be reminded of the continued hope I have given by Christ and what He did for us.

Saturday we had our usual egg hunt at the church along with the resurrection cookies the Pastor makes each year with the kids. Savannah made several movie clips demonstrating how to color eggs. She is a little camera ham and likes to pretend she's one of those ladies on Food Network. I love eating and watching those shows when they are on - but make note I don't like cooking. Yes I am a glutton. 

Savannah and her Easter dress 2010

Sunday we went to church and afterward had a nice lunch at Iggy's with mom and Randy and John and Kathy. Savannah hid eggs around grandma's house (you can thank Utah weather for that one) and gave out eggs to everyone. When we later made egg salad sandwhiches the next day for dinner, we found we had colored two raw eggs. It was hilarious! I guess that is what happens when they are boiled a week early and put back in the fridge.
Cheese!

No comments: