Saturday, June 05, 2010

At the Carnival



Savannah and I went to the local carnival today. She went on her first caurosel ride - she didn't want to ride the Mickey Mouse one at Disney's California park and I am thinking that is due to the size of it. So we went on this little carnival one and it was so fun to see the expressions on her face. I haven't been on one in years and remember why. I didn't think it would bother me with it being not a very fast ride or large carousel but age has its way of ruining all the fun. My tummy was a little turned after the ride started and when Savannah saw my discomfort, she assured me the ride would be over soon and I would be okay. All's well that ends well, no harm no foul and it was fun sitting in the sky with the breeze in our hair, waving to the helicopter, and seeing the mountain tops from a different view!

After riding a few more rides, we went to the game booths. They had a "Throw a ping pong ball in a fish bowl game" and the prize, well a gold fish! Savannah played and won a fish who is now her pet and stays in her room. Meet Sparkly:
We ended the day popping popcorn and packing our blankies out to a nice private place on the lawn near the ampitheatre where they were having a concert and fireworks display. Once the fireworks started and as they lit up the sky, Savannah was a little frightened that they may come down on us - and yes it does look that way to children, but after a little reassuring from mom she felt safe in my arms and we enjoyed the show together. In fact she began shouting, "Come on do some more big ones!" 

We both missed Charlie and wished he would have been with there with us and I would have loved to see him can Bozo the clown at water dunking booth, but there will always be more carnivals! We had a fun day!

1 comment:

aubrie said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time! And I love the pictures of Savannah, she is so cute!