Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Family Yard Work

We spent the weekend tending to our new lawn. We all took turns trimming the lawn, Savannah and Jake picked up branches, and Charlie had fun blowing and vacuuming leaves. I have to say I am not used to any trees that is for sure. As you know our previous house was in a new neighborhood so a rake and leaf blower was never really needed. As far as the branches and twigs, well I am still trying to figure this one out. I am wondering if it is cause of some of the high winds they get around here? I noticed the neighbors put piles of these on the side of the road so I am sure it must happen quite often. I also read that we have to be very careful what goes in the drains and landfills out here due to the contamination that could get fed into the Great Lakes - so any garden waste has to be picked up special or delivered to the local facility - a lot of changes!

Nonetheless we were proud when all was said and done! And yes, I didn't realize we had this much land until I mowed it!

No comments: