Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Getting Settled!

Driving into the bay area Saturday.
Savannah and Daddy walking to school to meet the new teacher.
Savannah and her first grade teacher, Mrs. Morford, on the first day of school.
Savannah saying goodbye as they head into the school.
Caught this little guy running around while I was walking back home from dropping Savannah off at school. They are all over and cute as can be, trouble I'm sure too!
View walking back to our house.
Kitchen's all unpacked!
Finally an organized bedroom!

We headed to Green Bay on Friday morning about 3 :45 am, arrived at 4:30 pm and stayed the night in North Platte Nebraska and headed out again the next morning at the same time. We arrived in GB at around 5:30 Saturday night, drove right to the house. It was a long two days, especially with pets in the car!

So it's been less than a week since we go here. It has been exciting and stressful all at the same time. Unpacking all day, then running errands shopping, we feel like chickens with our heads cut off. At the end of the day I don't want to worry about dinner and almost went for  pizza but thanks to Charlie we resisited and had a good home cooked meal. I am so not used to physical activity but am really in need of it!

I am finding more and more each day that I still love the house we chose and also the neighborhood. There is so much room here and of course after living on a mattress with no carpet for 3 weeks, well of course this is heaven! The previous owners left a lot of things so it has helped in that I haven't had to worry about decorating so much. I feel we are very blessed, they left some very valuable items such as an old sewing machine and a piano. We ended up buying the dining table and the China cabinet, but at a steal!

Jacob starts a new job today throught the temporary agency. He'll be working at NEW Plastics making pressboard material for furniture as a general laborer. Hopefully it will become permanent. Of course Charlie's job is the same as it was before, he did get a chance to make friends the other night though during their annual bowling party.

Savannah started school today. She was so excited and when the kids started to arrive she turned completely quiet. She went into the class first in line and had that look like she was taking it all in one moment at a time. I hope she will make a new friend today.

I admit it was fun for me to make her lunch and walk her to school. I wish every day could be like this, but soon I will be working again...hopefully the hours will not be atrocious...and who knows, maybe our house will sell soon? One can hope!

1 comment:

aubrie said...

So glad you made it safely! I am drooling over your kitchen, it is beautiful! Savannah looks so cute and excited about school. I'm glad things are going well so far. I'll keep praying that you sell your house soon!