Sunday, October 17, 2010

1st Grade Field Trip to Grand Isle Park

Friday I joined Langlade Elementary's 1st graders on a nature walk in Green Isle Park. It was a little chilly but once we started walking we warmed up in no time. Savannah was so excited I was coming with them, it was priceless to see the smiles on her face. The kids were to find "interesting" things and put them in their Ziploc bags. They were so cute and had big imaginations about the sizes and shapes of all the leaves they found. The class made pictures out of their leaves later that afternoon and brought them home.

I am really glad I got to go. I met a couple of moms and was able to get to know them. They were very friendly and nice and asked a lot of questions to get to know me too. I hope for more chances to get to know them better through out the year and I am thankful the school put together a contact list so we can easily keep in touch for play dates. What a fun fall event! Here are a few of my favorite pictures.

Savannah, Ella, Rachel and Brooke 
Walking in the woods! 
Beatuful scenery 
Serenity! 
Savannah and friends eating granola bars. 
Autumn beauty! 
Happy girl! 
Owen, Debbie, and Ian. I found out her family lives in Utah too!

I can't wait for the next chance to get out there with the kids and the parents, it was fun.

No comments: