Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Year gone by...

Sad to say no birthday girls day out this year, but I did spend the Sunday before my actual birthday with my family enjoying a ride to Suamico and to Michigan. The fall colors are just gorgeous!

We stopped at the Pumpkin Place for a bit of fun. Who can resist playing on a farm? They had pumpkin bowling - Savannah broke open the pumpkin and Daddy got a strike. We went through a corn maze where Savannah led the way out. There was a petting zoo and the animals were so cute, especially the farm kitties. We made sure to get some home made coffee and pumpkin cookies before we left too. Really makes me wish I was raised on a farm or had one of my own. (until I think of all the hard work LOL)
Charlie and I
The most beautiful pear tree I have ever seen! 
Huge! So big they had to move it here with a fork lift! 
Meet Farmer Rose!
After the farm we took a drive to the Michigan border, took our pic, and then turned around again. I can now officially say I've been to Michigan. Will have to mark that one off my list.
We ended the night with dinner at Olive Garden. I know it is a chain but its one I was craving and just needed a good fix for, that and Jacob had never been.

Monday, the next day and my actual birthday, Jake gave me a lovely candle and candle holder from Yankee Candle Company. I think he remember how excited I was when we found that store in the mall that he took notes. And he did good. He'll make a good husband someday. I was glad he chose the Thanksgiving Theme. I am not too much into Hallowe'en decorations. .

Later that day, I came home from work to find my hubby in the kitchen whipping up a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Bless his heart, he wasn't feeling well as he had pulled a muscle in his back, but he still knew my one birthday wish. I guess my dad always made sure there was cake for every birthday no matter how old or small so that is why it is important to me. Savannah gave me one of her stuffed animals and my husband spent almost two hours finding the perfect card that brought a smile to my face. They lit the candles and sang happy birthday to me in the dark. I made the perfect wish of course.

My mom sent me a lovely set of dishes. One of the cup handles were broken so she let them know and well now I have two sets. Good for entertaining, so I'd better get to inviting people over yeah? People that don't have to drive over 1500 miles that is.

We have our housewarming party this weekend so it will be good to have extra plates, but not sure if I want to let them use them they are so nice.

A call from my friend Jodi, a card in the mail from my sweet ex-co-worker at DWS, Aubrie, and about 60 happy birthday's on Facebook later, I'd say all in all it was a great birthday! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Welcome to WI, I know my welcome is a bit late....but better late than never. Wi is a beautiful state...maybe I am prejiduce (sp?) b/c I have lived here most of my life. Sounds like your birthday was great. I just stumbled onto your blog. I look forward to reading more of it.

Rambling Rita said...

Yes, I think Wisconsin is beautiful. People here think that it is not a pretty place, but they are wrong. I told my brother's wife you had moved there and she said that is one place she would never move to. But I don't think she has ever been there.

Anyway the dishes look even prettier in your photo than they did online. I really miss you and I hope we can visit once or twice a year. And you need to come here too although we no longer a guest room.