Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Harvesting!

So staying at home more has given me the privilege to shop sales! What I mean is that for the first time in my life I have started a food storage system. In the past I have always planned a menu around what was on sale and what sounded good and then went shopping for that two week period of time. Now the only difference is is that we purchased a bunch of meat and other items upfront so now that we have a stash of things I can focus on what is on sale instead and just stock up.

We did have to purchase some shelving and a freezer, but this is what we have so far.



I know it is funny to be so excited but when I was working full time I never took the time out to try this, nor did we have a freezer! So now that our freezer is full and we have plenty of food for a month out, what I get to do now is purchase solely what is on sale whether we need it or not! Bad thing is I think we will be tempted to eat more cause we have it.

Only thing is, is that I can't pass up a good sale now. This week Shopko has some amazing things for dirt cheap. I hope I can get there before the others and what I save in the grocery budget I will be able to use for other items on sale that we need.

Yeah I get excited. Working these past 10 years has made me appreciative of the things I didn't get to do at home when I wanted to, so I am enjoying the moment!

2 comments:

Rambling Rita said...

We are pretty well stocked up on food storage too, especaiily meat but Randy keeps finding more things to buy! Especially ice cream which he is not supposed to eat!

Jamie said...

I'm jealous...of the freezer, the shelves, and all your stash of groceries!