Thursday, October 14, 2010

The joys I have of living with a little girl named Savannah

Savannah has had a loose tooth for a while now. This is her third. She lets everyone wiggle it. Well the other night she was letting Daddy wiggle it. He wiggled it more than she wanted and she was screaming for that split second until she realized it was out. It was like an instant replay from an AFV show where the kid is crying and then in an instant changes to super excited with screaming for joy as if it were Christmas. Well when she ran to the bathroom to grab some Kleenex and to look in the mirror, she accidentally dropped it down the heater vent. She was then crying again. Daddy took the flashlight and opted to pull the vent out but would need to pull out the floor board to do so. I said no to that. Not in my new house anyway. I reminded Savannah that the tooth fairy is so small she could get in there and get it, that all she would need to do is leave her a note. And that is what she did!

Well the next day she was pretty bummed that she got a golden coin. She wanted a dollar bill. Guess she'd never seen a dollar in coin form before and we had to convince her that it was a dollar and not some silly Chuck E. Cheese game token. She added that to the dollar Grandma gave her when she was visiting and well now she is that much closer to buying that ballerina Barbie she's been wanting. You see she gave all her Barbie's away before we moved and now she is really missing Barbie.

Next morning, Savannah came into my room with a sad face. She said, "The tooth fairy didn't give me 5 dollars." So come to find out Savannah thought if she put another note under her pillow the next night that the tooth fairy would find it and obey any thing she put on that little piece of paper. Trying not to laugh I told Savannah that the tooth fairy won't come again until she loses her next tooth and that she will simply need to continue to earn more money for her Barbie. She understood and we put the note away for safe keeping. I think her 4th tooth will be out sooner than you know!

Each day while walking to and from school, Savannah has been aching to jump in a leaf pile. I have to explain to her that the neighbors pile them up by the roadside per the city to pick up for fall clean up. She hasn't seen so many leaves in her life. Where we lived in Utah it was a new neighborhood and not very many trees were tall enough to have many leaves. Well now we are in a for a treat. So she asked if she could rake up a pile. And of course I said sure and tried to convince her to put them on the side of the house. But nonetheless any of them being raked was my goal as I was putting off getting it done myself. Here is a picture of here swimming and having great fun. She did lose her gum in there somewhere though. Reminds me of Linus from the Charlie Brown cartoon. Good ole leaves, nothing like making memories! I remember my first time of jumping in the leaves too!

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

Savannah is such a funny little girl. I do miss her a great deal. Matt was here today with his kids but I was gone most of the day to a funeral and to see my brother so I just got to see the girls and Kelby for a little while. Give Savannah a big hug for me and tell her the next time we visit, she can be our waitress again and get another dollar or maybe even more!