Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Last night we attended the children's Christmas party at Charlie's work. Savannah immediately went into craft making until Santa appeared. She waited patiently in line with her list in hand and when it was her turn he asked her if she was the toothless reindeer. She rolled her eyes - apparently the missing front teeth jokes are getting old. Then he asked her if she had been good and about the clothes she leaves on her bedroom floor, she was embarrassed but later told me, "Santa really is real! He knew about my leaving clothes on my floor!"

I debated about telling her the truth this year but I think she'll figure it out soon enough. The important thing I do teach is to not idolize Santa Claus - she still doesn't understand why I tell her he isn't important - but I see her grow and grow over time with more and more lessons at church about our who our Savior is.
Here she is with her reindeer antlers (the toothless reindeer) and her list that contained a lot of Barbie Doll requests. Luckily Santa didn't make too many promises there - he must know me well.
 
Afterward we stopped at Jitter Bean for some hot coffee and cocoa. When we arrived home I couldn't help but take a picture of the front of our house. At first I wished our lights would have been on, but then I wouldn't have gotten the cool effect of the snow falling like I did. The camera somehow made the flakes blue in this picture. The one below I used a different setting. I like them equally so I wanted to post them both.

No comments: