Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So what's goin' on in WI?

Well first we celebrated Jake's 20th birthday - his only request was to have a steak and king crab for dinner. Savannah decorated the cake (as you can see) and well I officially do not have any teenagers now! It was a nice day spent at home what with the weather cold and wet.


Here is Savannah and Daddy on their way to the Daddy Daughter Dance with the Girl Scouts. She was counting down the days...they had dinner, pictures, and dancing. I on the otherhand was at home doing our taxes. I am so glad she got this opportunity, I remember still to this day the pictures of my sisters with my dad on a date with him and really wish I could have had that chance and a picture or memory of something so special. I am really enjoying the Girl Scout program here...Savannah will be a Brownie next year!

Savannah learned this weekend to ride her bike without training wheels! She has been procrastinating (along with myself) and has been so fearful of this event, but she took off and is now a pro. She has yet to fall so we are en route as I type this to get her a new helmet and lock so she can ride to school. Now I can't get her off of it, but that is great news - she will watch less television and get more exercise now that the weather is finally warming up. 


Speaking of weather, we had 10 tornados in our area Sunda night! Yikes! I had never heard a tornado siren for warning before...I guess this year for Wisconsin the weather has been really sporadic and unusual what with all the extra snow and now this...or at least this is what the locals are telling us. I hope they aren't just biding their time or in denial here just like comedian Jeff Dunham joked about.

Charlie has been out on several gigs with his band now. The music is 70's and 80's and it is a lot of fun to see them play and well the extra money is nice too. He will be heading out of town to Utah to work next week...I am still working and am going to be indefnitely so Savannah and I and won't be able to go as I had hoped...but I will plan to do so as soon as I have been given the opportunity! Michael and Brooke will not be able to make it out here either which is too bad cause I was looking forward to warm weather and seeing Ryan grow this summer.


1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

Good looking young man and such a cute cake!! Wish I could see you guys more often. Why did you pick to live so far away? :(