Thursday, June 09, 2011

More on Spring...

Before the new flower bed...

Finally the trampoline is set up! Savannah loves it - even Bear jumps on!

After the new flower bed!

Spring Perennials grow in the yard...
Rhododendrons (below)- I'd never seen these before and they are just pretty!

These are just some of the things we've been doing and enjoying at our house this spring....finally the flower bed is done! Next we will work on our water fall here...

Other happenings:

While we were doing the flower bed, Bear caught a rock that looked like a ball in his mouth and chipped his molar. He is okay now, but he thought twice about fetching for a couple of weeks after it happened.

It was a nice Memorial Day weekend - we had some friends over for beer and brats and mom's "famous potato salad" - and most of all it was nice to share our home with everyone! I love it! We also took Savannah to the De Pere festival to ride some carnival rides - we didn't ride much as we had plans to get yard work done that day but it did make me itchy to get to Bay Beach soon to ride more as well as the N.E.W. zoo and Egg Harbor fun park. The kids and I went swimming at Tundra park last week and really enjoyed the water there even though it is an indoor water park. This summer weather has been so mild so far, and I am not complaining!

Savannah starts summer school next week and Boys & Girls club activities. I am excited for her in that they have so much to offer the kids in the community at little to no cost. It is a great community for that. On another note I am really learning to love my new job at Conger and am getting to know everyone so well and feel like I am really wanted again. Michael and Brooke are still working to save to come out here, I hope they can come by fall time, it would be great to have a BBQ with all my kids again some day (especially since I can't have my brothers and sisters and parents on a whim when I am in the mood...) Jacob plans to move forward to living in Oshkosh and working at Whitefield permanently...I hope he gets the job - he seems to love what he is doing.

All in all we are doing well settling in. I still have my bad days where I am pretty sad and weepy, but they are fewer and farther in between - some of it has been feeling old, still missing my dad, and most of all due to adjustment of changes (I never get home sick for Utah but rather I do get "family" sick). Things are moving forward and life has a steady pace again.

1 comment:

CHERISE AND MARTY said...

Your yard looks beautiful!! I am so glad that you are finding happiness there and good friends to have fun with. Maybe someday we will take a road trip, that sounds fun to me. Tell your family hello from us.