Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween & Brownies

Halloween was a lot of fun, colder than last year however. I made taco soup and had cider and doughnuts to carry on Grandma Johnson's tradition. The kids got a lot of candy and we spent the night visiting without the TV on - it was quite pleasant. I would like to have the TV off more often.

Happy Jack O'Lantern

Neytiri from Avatar - all the people liked her costume and didn't know who it was, I think it was the most original.

Little dinosaur's first Halloween.

Savannah is in girl scouts again. This is her 1st year as a Brownie! She went with her troop to a compass course in the woods and they are now collecting items for Goodwill donations. She is also having a program next week for her final Theatre class.

We are looking forward to having Grandma and Grandy for Thanksgiving this year. It will be cold and icky but at least we will all be together. I even bought some tickets to see the Nutcracker for a girls day out - it will be nice and I will miss them when they leave but I will try not to think about that already.

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

"Grandy" and I are very much looking forward to it. I love Thanksgiving too but I think that
4th of July is my favorite with Grandpa Johnson's rootbeer, water melon and fireworks I used to love Christmas but it's getting a little too commercial for me.

I used to hear crickets chirping in the summer and could see stars in the sky. We slept outside. No stars to look at or crickets to be heard.