Saturday, March 17, 2012

Disney on Ice with the Girl Scouts

The Girl Scout Disney on Ice event was a lot of fun. There were tons of Girl Scouts from all over and it was fun to see how much they loved the show. I think Disney did a really good job - it wasn't just ice skating but there were a lot of props and acting too. Here are some of my favorite pictures:

Savannah with Andalyn and Anna, two of her fellow scouts and friends from school!

The cards were awesome and did a cool trick. One side was black and one was red, they would skate backwards and did all sorts of tricks. You thought at one point they were going to clash into each other. The sound effects of cards shuffling was cool too.

Who doesn't love Tink? I like the effect of her wand in this one.

This alligator was a real person on all fours with skates. Somehow. It was pretty cool.

This was cool - a lot like the beginning of the movie.

This one with Raffiki and Nala turned out good.

They performed the wilder beast scene with many skaters circling around the mountain while holding up props - it looked so real!

High Ho! 

Genie from Aladdin

Even the monkey Abu in elephant form skated and danced.

Of course Savannah's favorite character Ariel. She was so excited jumping up and down next to me that I had a hard time keeping focus with the camera.

Tangled's lanterns filling the sky.

Tiana and Prince Naveen (I'm pretty proud of this close up from the distance I took it at I must say)

There were several fireworks through out and this was the finale after all the princess and princes came out for a last dance.


Savannah got a patch for going and I will definitely go again next year. Tonight we are heading out to Appleton for the Girl Scout "Building for Kids Sleepover" - I have to admit I had to go out and buy an air mattress. I didn't want to sleep on the floor in my old bag of bones!

No comments: