Tuesday, March 06, 2012

MARCH MADNESS

Who wants Girl Scout cookies?
Cookie Time! Here Savannah is getting ready to go out and sell some cookies!
We didn't sell as many cookies this year. I think we waited too long - everyone we asked said they had already purchased theirs. Who can have too many cookies? Honestly. We will be selling more at the booth to make up for what we didn't sell door to door.

This has been a busy month so far and we have just barely started! What with Girl Scout's 100th birthday, selling cookies, Party Gras, Disney on Ice, Girl Scout sleepover, and a birthday party - Savannah surely shouldn't be bored. Until spring break that is. Once the last week of the month hits and she is out of school for 5 days I am sure she will be out of her mind and ready to go back to school.

Which got me to thinking...we are tentatively planning on sending Savannah out to visit Utah when Jake goes out for vacation this summer. When I mentioned it to her, she had one request - that her aunt Kelly make her grampa mush when she is there. Funny kid.

Other things that have been going on - Charlie went to Montreal, Canada for a week for a business trip. He was wined and dined to no end and had a good time being pampered. Too good in fact. I think he gained some weight in that short period of time! He brought back some cool gifts including yummy maple syrup (the real stuff!) and we are happy he is home safe and sound.

I was given a porcelain masquerade that was handcrafted in Italy.
Savannah loving her Fulanita Floripondia doll - a big hit with the Canadian girls.

Jake got a package of leaf-shaped maple candy - it sure is sweet but it was so good! In fact I didn't even get to take a picture of it. The night Charlie came off the plane it snowed a good 5 inches and was so pretty! It was the most snow we've had all season which is odd for Wisconsin.

We took Savannah to see The Lorax this past weekend. She left there feeling really bad for all the trees - it was a really good movie. I don't recall the book much but I love how Dr. Suess was so creative in sending kids good messages. I think I am getting older and am more sentimental about things that mean much more than just entertainment.

We are planning to visit home during Thanksgiving - it will have been over two years since I've been back. Seems like just yesterday we moved too. My job is going well and I will finally have some vacation - not a lot compared to what I was used to but what I do get is appreciated. We are also planning on visiting Wisconsin Dells for my birthday weekend, I put it off last year and regret it!

Another big deal is that our house in Utah sold! Finally after 4 offers, one took it serious enough to do the footwork. Short sales are not easy and so I am very grateful for the realtor who did all the negotiating with the bank for us.

I'm thinking this year is going to be a successful one! So far so good! J

1 comment:

aubrie said...

I'm glad that thngs are going so well! I'm sure it is such a relief that your house finally sold, what a long wait! Savannah is getting so big, and she is cuter than ever--I definitely couldn't have said no to that face if she was selling me cookies!