Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birdwatching...and such

So Muffers and I spent the afternoon yesterday watching some birds. I also got some beautiful shots of the flowering weeds in our yard and a few critters. I really enjoy close up photo shooting of nature. I also love Muffers expressions as she watched the birds. I've been fascinated with birdwatching lately, well since we moved to Wisconsin that it. There is such a large variety here compared to the desert state of Utah. I am guessing it is because of the abundance of trees and water.

I hope to get a shot of a red cardinal soon - I still remember how excited I was when I found one near our water fountain shortly after we moved here. They are probably my favorite bird right now. We had a couple of large hawks nesting in one of our pine trees earlier this year, I am not sure if they are still there or not. This is odd because we live next to a busy street so I am not sure why they would camp out there with all the other places around.

I would like to get some binoculars as well as a guide book on bird names and other information. Guess it's time to fill the bird feeder!
 

No comments: