Saturday, June 16, 2012

Making room for change

So I am back on the weight loss roller coaster. To tell you the truth I am not sure why I stopped eating right and went back into old habits. I think I just became relaxed and felt good and well moderation became routine again.

I am not doing the plan to lose weight so much as I am wanting to feel better. Approaching 40 I have noticed some differences in how I feel physically so it is past due that I do something about taking care of myself and quit being lazy. We all got new bicycles too and have enjoyed riding at least a couple times a week. Even Savannah is feeling the burn!

Being on Weight Watchers helps me focus on something too, so a lot of times I don't find I get as bored because I am either thinking about what I am going to eat for the day and pre-planning so I don't choose the wrong choices or thinking of new recipes or ideas for healthy meals and snacks. My mind is one that likes to be constantly busy. I just wish I could keep these good habits for life and not get distracted.

My stepdad has just been diagnosed with Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a type of blood cancer) and life is going to change yet again. I am so far away from my family that I can't offer much help so I find that since there is nothing I can do about it but pray and enjoy what little time we have left with him, it is helpful that I have Weight Watchers to keep me focused on something off and on throughout the day.

He is not doing well in that he has staph infections and now pneumonia all on top of the cancer. We moved our vacation date from Thanksgiving up to August in hopes we can visit and give him our love. I just pray things will work out.

Life is always changing.

2 comments:

aubrie said...

Tammy, I am so sorry about Randy. We will keep him in our prayers too. I'll be watching your recipe blog for healthy recipes that you've enjoyed, too. After all those cookies I definitely need something a little healthier!

Rambling Rita said...

Boy now I know I will have to come stay with you. I need to lose at least 30 lbs and unfortunately, being depressed at this time, the food I crave is not that healthy.