Saturday, March 15, 2014

Field Trip

Savannah and Daddy went to the Point Beach Energy Center this week with her 4th grade class field trip.

I made their lunch in the morning, we ate breakfast, then I was off to work. All day long I thought off and on about them wondering what they were doing...what Charlie thought of being trapped in a bus full of kids...what Savannah thought as she was with her Dad...what they were doing. It is pretty special to have your parent come along on a field trip and while I've been on at least one with all my kids, it seems to me it was something they never forgot.

When I got home they told me stories of how Savannah won at the game of Jeopardy, how the kids asked Daddy a lot of questions about electricity and how it worked and how to protect yourself from it, and how they made atoms from marshmallows and pretzels.

As a mom, I am so grateful they were able to experience such a great time that will never be forgotten and always cherished.


No comments: