Sunday, February 14, 2016

Checking in...

It is already the middle of February! Time flies fast, weeks seem like days, months seem like weeks. Savannah's birthday came and went. I gotta say my heart strings are pulled when I see the toys in the stores. She is no longer interested, maybe Barbie some but not much. I no longer have a little girl. She is almost as tall as I am too!

In January Savannah and I spent a weekend in La Crosse to visit Charlie where he was for training in his new job. We went to see a movie in an old theater which looked like Cinderella's castle inside, it had a big black and white checkered ballroom floor in front and great ice cream cones. Later that night we had hibachi dinner and the best sushi! Since he got back has been busy working in Milwaukee these past two weeks but does come home on weekends. Soon there will be a contract for work that will last a few years here in Green Bay so we are looking forward to that.

The next two weeks his training is in St. Paul MN and we'll set out Friday to meet up with him for the weekend where we are planning to visit the Mall of America. His employer is very generous in providing him all the amenities he needs for his job, it has been very appreciated, but I do have to say I will be glad to see him more than a few days at a time. I sure am thankful the boys can help with taking the dog while we are gone to visit him and I hope all 5 of us can take a family trip this year together.

Michael got a raise at work and is keeping steady these days. I am so glad things are looking up for him. I am also very happy that Jake is helping him out too. I really have some good boys.

Today was Valentine's Day and while we only had a short day to spend together Charlie and I had fun picking out house plants. It occurred to us that since we've moved here and now that Buddy (the plant killer) has been gone, we've never gotten any live plants. So we threw out the old silk one that was left by the previous owners and got a couple new ones to start with.

We've planted one already and it is amazing how it adds so much life back into the home. This was such a special gift in itself, I'll always look at the plants and remember our Valentine's Day shopping for them. And of course the Pandora charm Charlie gave me is beautiful too - it is a heart shaped charm that opens up with a wedding ring inside. I'll never forget his re-proposing to me as I opened the charm and how he said, "Will you marry me again?" Melted my heart. I just love my husband.

12 Years Old!

Daddy opening his gift too, belated but not forgotten

Even her cake is growing up!

My little Mermaid

Silly kid!

Our Valentine's Plant

What a surprise!


YES! The answer was Yes!



No comments: