Saturday, October 01, 2016

Fun Day Out

For a gloomy Saturday with rain dribbling off and on, we went to see the Monster Trucks today...personally it wasn't my first choice but a while back and recently Savannah mentioned that she'd like to see them. I didn't get the chance to get us to the Demolition Derby this year before summer ended and so I thought why not? Besides I've always heard about them myself.

Jake and Sasha went with us and we had great seats. The dirt almost flew to our aisle! Savannah didn't look too excited when we were there but what 12 1/2 year old girl is ever wanting to get caught being excited at outings with their parents (we won't discuss the pre-teen going on 18 stage here but if you have ever had a daughter you'll know what I am talking about and why were my boys never like this?) but did say she was scared off and on when they were doing the wheelies.

Jake and Charlie were all smiles and it is so fun to see them enjoying themselves. Besides, it took me back to a time of having two little boys. I remember when those two would play off and on with toy trucks, not a lot, but they would have loved to have gone when they were little if only I could have afforded to take them.

Afterward we went for a late lunch/early dinner at Pasquale's International Cafe in De Pere. I love this place, it has so much character and you just feel like you are in another city when you are in there. Their Chicago dogs are soooo good too and the hand cut fries are just like what we make at home. Good stuff.

We plan to go to the budget cinema tonight to see Ghostbusters. Hopefully it is good, but either way just being together is the best. I love family days. If only we could take our pets with us, now that would be even better!

I didn't get any selfies or pics of everyone and my phone doesn't take the best shots so out of all the pics I got these were the best two. It was fun though. Happy October!



As far as other things going on the leaves are starting to turn out here, I hope not too much more before mom comes out for a visit. I want her to see how beautiful they are at peak fall time. We found a good place for Chinese last night we want to take her to also. I am looking forward to her coming.

No comments: