Thursday, June 13, 2019

Life in Texas Continues...

Well half the year is past already. We've been here a year come next week. I don't have much to say other than I enjoying my job (minus lack of parking space), Savannah has finished her Freshman year with outstanding grades and Staar testing scores, and Charlie changed jobs (this still under construction...to be continued). Having some family time here and there has been good too - especially when there are more the merrier. Growing up with a household of 7 kids, I thoroughly enjoy it.

Texas doesn't feel like home yet though. Will it ever? I felt so at home in WI so why is this so different? I am still trying to find the beauty in living here - there is a lot of traffic and people which equals a lot of rubbish and pavement. What I like most here is the amount of sunshine. My being NEEDS sunshine. Always has. I don't like big cities yet here I am. But in the beauty I do find I try to relish in it. Here are some memories of the year so far.

Savannah turned 15. I know. Already? 

At the diner, waiting on breakfast with the "Grands"

We took a tour on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad  as something new to try. I don't believe we will do it again however. We sat in the train a good while waiting for other trains who had priority above the tourist train. Kind of felt like the usual 5:00 traffic. It took us a lot longer to get into Fort Worth than it should have, but it was an adventure for all of us. 

Me - sitting on a bull at the Fort Worth Stockyards. Unfortunately we came to the stockyards by way of the aforementioned train so we missed the daily schedule of the cattle drive. We stopped for a cold brew at the Cattlemen's Steakhouse where Charlie and I had "calf fries" (I won't tell you what these are) - and the atmosphere reminded me of what a saloon would be like. It was a lot of fun but I want to go back and spend more time so I can see the armadillo races and visit all the shops. Note to self - next time we bring our own transportation. 

We found out that Garfield has hyperthyroidism. He has to take medication twice a day forever. He is feeling better now.

We re-stained our deck. Look how pretty it is when the rain comes. 

Savannah all ready for the 9th Grade Banquet Dance - isn't she lovely?

2 comments:

Rambling Rita said...

Isn't she lovely?

bitterkat said...

Our kitty Fraiser had hyperthyroidism and we chose to do the radioiodine treatment which gave him 5 more healthy years. Expensive up front, though.

I love Savannah with glasses. So cute. She really is adorable!