Friday, November 18, 2005

Am I bad?

Am I bad cause I work full time and don't stay home with Savannah everyday? Well I feel bad. As I just got done taking a minute to read blogs, I've come to realize that I feel jealous of the blogging stay-at-home moms that write about every little happening with thier kids in exact detail as it just happened that day. Me? I'm just stuck here at work and blog when I get time or need to get something off my chest. I started this job when I was single with two half grown boys and needed it cause there was no other means for support. I also needed to plan for retirement and have always wanted a career in accounting. Since then I've met a wonderful husband and now have a young family started again. Normally I am proud that I work and love having a career. But today I feel jealous. I want to be home with Savannah and play on the floor acting silly with her giving her horsey rides. I want to be able to tell people that she is happy when just Daddy comes home, not both of us. I only feel sorry for myself sometimes and I know that there would be one day without each of us going nuts being at home, me without my work and Savannah without playmates. But next week is a short week for Thanksgiving, so I just wanted to rag about it for a minute and thanks for listening. (And maybe it's the fact that it's a sunny day outside and half of my team has left early for work. Plus I'm all caught up for the day. I know, I'm too damned efficient.)

On the other hand, I am really feeling more and more like I belong at this office. Finally. As time goes by it feels as if I've known everyone all along. Even the director of Finance chatted with me about everyday stuff at potluck lunch. My husband would be embarrassed to know that we were talking about him, but oh well. Now the only thing left that I need is my silly friend Lisa to help me sing old country songs out loud while we are working!

No comments: